"I want to be know as one of the Cowboys, not just another Cowboy's wife"

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My crazy life in just a few words

Hello from my World......This is for all those folks that have been trying to talk me into starting a Blog, well here you go!! I guess there are people out there that think my life as a wife, stay at home mom, and a cowgirl is something interesting. Not sure where to start? But here goes nothing.....I am a young and crazy gal at heart, married to the Man of my dreams, Chris.  We have 2 kiddos, Colton is 9 and Carlee (often called Fred) is 7.  Life is always interesting here on the Drummond Ranch, to say the least.  What we cant show our kids what and what not too do in life, they figure out for themselves.  We live on a 6,000 acre Ranch on the Oklahoma-Kansas Line, where we take care of 3,500 yearling.  Also we have a small herd of our own, the huge Rocking P outfit has about 65 cows, haha far from huge, but it is a start.  And I must not forget about the kid's partnership, 45 Cattle Company which runs about 15 momma cows.  When we are not chasing cattle, we are off rodeoing somewhere. Not your everyday rodeo but Ranch Rodeo, which is similar but showcases more of the everyday ranching life. We all ranch rodeo, Chris does alot of Open and WRCA (Working Ranch Cowboys Assoc) along with Ranch Style Bronc Ridings. I do the same thing, but along with competing with the men, I do an All GIRL ranch rodeo. This is called the Womens Ranch Rodeo Assoc. And of course the kids do their deal just the same as Chris and I but only younger level. Junior Ranch Rodeo Assoc, if you havnt ever heard of such a thing, go check it out!!!
Well that is a sneak peak into my life. If you find it interesting please stay tuned to my blog as I will share stories of Husband/Wife working together everyday stories, rodeo life on the rodeo, and of course the crazy but funny things my kids come up with.
Until later my you share the dinner table with your family tonight and enjoy the Blessings from God!   Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment